Welcome to the site of our official demo team!
We‘re pleased you are interested in being a member of our demo team. 🙂
If you are one of those people who can’t get enough of our games, and you enjoy introducing our products to other players, you’re in the right place.
Responsibilities of the demo team
Our demo team‘s main aim is to introduce our products to interested new players. Usually, this is done by demo sessions, lasting 2 to 4 hours (which may vary depending on time and place), and conversation. Most of the time, both go hand in hand and complement each other. So you should enjoy running sessions and talking to customers about our products.
The most common locations for demos are games fairs, conventions and stores. But other places are also possible, e.g. schools, youth centers, games clubs …
Of course, not everyone can join the demo team. There are some conditions.
- To be a part of the Prometheus Games demo team, you must at least be 18 years old.
- You must be polite, decent, well-groomed and willing to communicate with others.
- You should have enough experience in game mastering to be able to provide a thrilling and interesting session even under the unusual conditions of a convention or trade fair.
- As a matter of course, you should know your supported game very well and have a basic knowledge of other publications. (What is the game about? What kind of atmosphere does it convey? Which other products have been published for it?)
- You should run at least four sessions a year. It doesn’t matter whether you run all four sessions at one convention or one session each at four different conventions. But keep in mind: If you offer less than four demo sessions a year, you will be considered as inactive and you will be retired from the demo team automatically. Most game masters run more sessions, which is perfectly fine with us. 😉
As part of the demo team, you are a great help to us as a publishing company and our hobby; so you will be rewarded for your efforts.
- Once per session (or any other activity), you will get glory points. You can exchange these at conventions, or once a year by mail, for products from our Spielekram-Shop or special products only available to demo team members.
- There is regular promotion material that should be distributed to the players at the conventions, but of course the demo team member himself also gets some in a common household amount. 😉
- JDepending on the convention, the demo team member may be granted free admission and possibly free food (we don’t provide this – usually, it‘s done by the convention).
- Once a demo team member completes his four demo games, he will receive as a gift a Prometheus Games shirt his size and a name badge. If we are there ourselves, you will always get a t-shirt for the duration of your service, no matter how many sessions you already have run.
How do I get glory points?
- Run demo sessions
- Write articles for our website or short adventures, short stories etc. for genre magazines (e.g. Mephisto, Zunftblatt)
- Help out at our booth at fairs/conventions
What are glory points worth?
For simplicity, one glory point is worth one Euro. So a demo team member who has collected 30 glory points can buy goods worth 30 Euros in our Spielekram-Shop.
For each demo session in a games store or at the conventions „Spiel“ in Essen or RPC in Cologne, you will receive 10 points. For each demo session at a convention you will receive 15 points. For articles, scenarios, short stories etc. you will receive 5 points per 5000 characters including spaces.
Which games are supported at the moment?
Currently, we support demo sessions for the following systems:
- Savage Worlds and the following associated settings:
- Sundered Skies
- Necropolis 2350
- Daring Tales of Adventure
- Los Muertos
If you would like to apply as a demo team member, just fill in the following application form. We will call you then.